Mask Making for Mom
4:00pm - 5:00pm
Learn to stay safe in style as Lisa demonstrates making 2 -3 styles of masks, just in time for Mother's Day!
Have some fun with this season's must-have accessory. Lisa Liu will demonstrate different techniques for making 2 - 3 styles of masks at home. Participants are encouraged to make their own masks during the class. Sewing machines are not required. Rummage around in your fabric bag, find an old pillow case or use a worn out item of clothing to repurpose for a creative face mask. More details about materials needed provided upon RSVP.
Great gift idea for friends or family; just in time for Mother's day!
For Adult Medium Size
Style 1 - Face Mask with Pocket for Filter
- 1 rectangular piece of cotton or cotton blend fabric - 38 cm x 20 cm or 15” x 8”
- 2 pieces of 1/4” or 3/8” of elastic - 7 inches in length. If you cannot find elastic, you can use 2 large ponytail bands cut in half, or two strips of knit material like a t-shirt (7"x 1")
Style 2 - 3d Mask
- 1 round piece of cotton or cotton blend fabric, 10 to 11” in diameter (use a dinner plate as cutting guide)
- 2 pieces of 1/4” or 3/8” of elastic - 7 inches in length or 2 - 10” lengths of yarn, cotton or satin cord
For all masks, we will also use:
- Sewing machine or Needle and thread
- Iron, thick towel or ironing board
100% of proceeds will go the the campaign of Nancy Guenst, our amazing new candidate for the Pennsylvania State House of Representatives - District 152.
Zoom details will be sent once you submit the RSVP form.